Thursday, July 19, 2007

Christmas in July?

I am already making plans for all the gifts I want to make for Christmas. I have to plan this far in advance because I enjoying working on a crochet or sewing project at a relaxed pace. There is nothing worse than trying to furiously crochet several projects to completion the week before Christmas. Not only that, but it is murder on my hands. I have tendonitis in a couple of my fingers, so I have to be careful about sewing and crocheting too much.

Right now I am working on a project for myself. It is the Bows and Arrows poncho by Dot. (You can see the pattern at Crochet bythehook ) Instead of working the poncho in the round, I am going to work back and forth and make it into a cape/shawl instead. When I am done I will add either a button and buttonhole at the neck or ties. I think it is going to work out just fine. I am still pretty new at adapting patterns, so it is always interesting to see what happens when I start messing around with one.

I also am considering some larger crochet projects for gifts as well. I have some shawl patterns that I would love to try out. Such as this:Do Your Worsted: Hot Shawlcolate, and this: Romance One-ball Half-moon Shawl. I might, instead of starting a new pattern, make a couple of the Seraphina shawls. I made one last winter in cream colored Homespun and I love it! (See pic.) You can find the pattern here: Work With Me!


My in-laws and my mom have all requested scarves. I made my father in law a scarf last Christmas with a slit in it to pull the tail through so you don't have to tie it. He wore it so much that he literally wore it out! It was my own invention and I have some ideas on how to improve the design. My mother in law wants one like his and my mom just wants a thick scarf made from Homespun or chenille.

But before I start any new projects, I must complete the one I am working on now and I also have one more dress to sew that is for this season. :o) I will post some pics of the dresses I have made this summer and also some pics of the cape I am working on once I complete it. Blessings!

No comments: