Wednesday, September 26, 2007

In the Sickroom

Well, the best laid plans often get derailed. That has happened at our house in the last week. Our oldest son, Caleb, came home from school on the 20th with a high fever. He is STILL running a temperature 8 days later! He has either asthmatic bronchitis or walking pneumonia. I have been up and down with him all week doing the Mommy thing: bringing him his medicines, checking his temperature, coaxing him to eat and drink. He has lost five pounds since Thursday because he doesn't have an appetite and feels sick when he does try to eat. Whatever he has, it is horrible!

Because of his sickness, everything else has come to a screeching halt. That includes school, home management etc. We are basically just hanging in until he gets better. It is hard on the whole family when one of the children is sick because it changes the rhythm of the household. I have enjoyed taking care of my oldest though. He is eleven going on 25 and so does not like for me to "mother" him too much. :o)

I am so thankful for our extended family and our church family. We have had numerous people praying for Caleb and asking how they can help. The outpouring has touched my heart. Many people pitching in to help out..my husband's parents, a Sunday school member who brought us a meal... it has been a real blessing to me and to our house. So, thanks everyone! I hope I can return the favor really soon.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Fellowship is always great. It always makes me feel good when I can help someone. I like to do things anonymously when I can so the person/s don't feel like they have to repay me in someway. The joy the Lord gives me in helping others is all I need.

Dawn said...

I do hope Caleb is doing better as a new month has come upon us. Being sick is no fun but sometimes I think God allows people to get sick for a few days so they can relax and normally when they are cooped up in the house all day, they begin talking to the Lord and the like.

Bless U!